Pope Clement III. prescribed on July 18, 1188 the Rule of the Order of St. John to the Hospital Order of the Holy Redeemer of Teruel, which was founded by King Alphonse II of Aragon for the ransom of prisoners. Later in 1188 the Hospital Order of the Holy Redeemer was united with the Order of Mountjoy (Montegaudio) and the hospital was transferred to the Templars in 1196.
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA Pope Clement III
Hospital General de Teruel
This page is part of the publication: Blessed Gérard and his "everlasting brotherhood": The Order of St. John of Jerusalem
This page was last updated on 13.10.14 14:45:46